Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Our litigation and dispute resolution team is focused on achieving outcomes to suit specific client needs with minimal financial impact.
We have extensive litigation experience across a wide range of industries and groups, including the mining, resources, retail, manufacturing, tourism, health and aged care, construction, property and government.
The profile of clients serviced by this practice group includes:
- Listed and unlisted public companies;
- Small to medium enterprises;
- Clubs and associations;
- Professional service firms such as accountants, insolvency practitioners and engineers; and
- State and Federal Government departments and agencies.
Services on offer
- Commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution;
- Judicial review proceedings;
- Acting on behalf of government officials, company directors and other parties in commissions of inquiry;
- Defending statutory personal injury claims including workers compensation, CTP and public liability;
- Representing directors and officers in ASIC and ACCC inquiries and litigation;
- Prosecuting and defending consumer protection disputes;
- Representing parties in complex cartel matters;
- Representing interested stakeholders in coronial inquests;
- Investigating class actions and matters involving litigation funding;
- Representing the Official Trustee in sensitive Proceeds of Crime matters;
- Acting in large scale commercial disputes involving voluminous material managed via database disclosure;
- Representing government entities in statutory interpretation matters;
- Acting for receivers, trustees in bankruptcy and liquidators in complex voidable transaction recovery and ‘work-out’ scenarios;
- Acting in complex professional indemnity and insurance matters;
- Representing employers in unfair dismissal claims;
- Business interruption and consequential loss claims; and
- Establishing special arrangements for efficient management of routine litigation recovery processes.