Our financial services capability is one of the core strengths of the firm. We act for a range of corporate, institutional and government clients to provide expedient, cost-effective and complete advice.
Services on offer
RBG offers an extensive skill set in financial services, including:
- Commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Negotiating and drafting finance documentation, from complex international financing arrangements to regulated consumer loans;
- Acting in private equity raising transactions;
- Acting in personal insolvency disputes, including realisation of a bankrupt’s assets and recovery of voidable transactions;
- Advising on appropriate structures for finance transactions;
- Drafting supplementary documentation such as credit guides;
- Drafting documentation for fee funding arrangements;
- Negotiating and drafting joint venture documentation;
- Advising various industry participants on responsible lending obligations;
- Advising on regulatory and compliance issues, best practice and assistance with interpreting legislative standards;
- Acting for financiers and administrators in corporate collapses;
- Advising on Privacy Act compliance;
- Assisting with disputes made to the financial ombudsman;
- Advising on Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) interpretation, compliance and disputes;
- Drafting and advising mortgage management documentation, including on the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth); and
- Acting in mortgagee recovery proceedings to enforce securities and realise mortgaged assets.