Mining, Energy & Resources
RBG acts for domestic and international clients in a variety of mining, oil & gas, energy and resources matters.
We advise on the full spectrum of legal issues relating to the acquisition, disposal, development and operation of large scale mining and energy projects. We understand these industries, the long lifecycle of mines and oil & gas facilities, substantial up-front investment and the ongoing regulatory requirements.
We also advise the mining services industry, focussing on heavy earthmoving equipment rental, labour hire and employment, drilling, seismic and transport sectors.
Services on offer
Our major services include assisting with:
- Commercial advice;
- Commodity sale agreements;
- Construction, engineering, and technical services contracts;
- Environmental incidents and offences;
- Environmental issues, including EPA, approvals, licensing and enforcement;
- Construction, operation and management contracts;
- Government relations and regulatory advice;
- Infrastructure agreements and advice;
- International investment in Australia’s resources sector, including FIRB compliance;
- Joint ventures;
- Private equity-raising transactions;
- Public float promotion agreements;
- Labour hire and employment, including workplace relations advice, documentation and litigation;
- Land access arrangements for exploration and development;
- Litigation, dispute resolution and mediation;
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales/divestments;
- Mining, resources and energy developments;
- Native title and cultural heritage;
- Planning and environment advice and appeals;
- Mining services contracts;
- Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) compliance and Personal Property Securities Register expertise;
- Construction litigation matters; and
- Resources sector disputes.