Kotaro acts for numerous Japanese corporations, advising in the areas of corporate, commercial and competition, foreign investment, employment law and legal risk management. Kotaro has also engaged in mergers and acquisitions and disposals. For over 30 years, he has advised clients in the energy, resources, property, manufacturing and transport sectors.
Kotaro’s recent experience includes:
- Advising on establishing business in Australia including business structuring, acquisitions and disposals contracts, and joint ventures;
- Advising in relation to compliance, corporate governance, employment issues and legal risk management; and
- Acting for clients in commercial disputes.
- Master of Laws, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan, 1976
- Admitted as a Barrister to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1989
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor to the Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory, 1989
- Entered on the roll of practitioners of the High Court of Australia, 1989
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1990
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, 1995
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of Victoria, 1995
- Member, Queensland Law Society, Inc
- Member, Japan Chamber of Commerce & Industry Brisbane, Inc
- Member, Resources & Energy Committee of Japan Chamber of Commerce & Industry Sydney, Inc