Kotaro has been in legal practice in Australia since 1989, predominantly in the areas of corporate, commercial and competition, foreign investment, employment, as well as commercial and international litigation. Kotaro was the first Japanese citizen to be admitted as a Barrister in Australia (1989).
Kotaro’s experience includes:
- Acting for a number of large and medium Japanese multi-national corporations and playing a key role in various project teams;
- Advising on establishing business in Australia including business structuring, business acquisitions and disposals (exit plans);
- Acting for clients in commercial disputes;
- Advising in relation to compliance, corporate governance, employment issues and legal risk management.
- Master of Laws, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan 1976.
- Completion of Barristers Board Examination (full subjects), Supreme Court of Queensland, 1989.
- Completion of Bar Practice Training Course, Barristers Board, Supreme Court of Queensland, 1989.
- Admitted as a Barrister to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1989.
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor to the Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory, 1989.
- Entered on the roll of practitioners of the High Court of Australia, 1989.
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1990.
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, 1995.
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Supreme Court of Victoria, 1995.
- Queensland Law Society.