Greg has been in practice since 1984 as a commercial and insolvency lawyer. He is briefed by clients to advise in relation to corporate restructuring, financing and significant acquisitions. Clients for whom Greg acts include national and international companies, particularly in the mining and resources sector, insolvency practitioners, financiers, trade creditors and small to medium business owners.
Over recent years, he has developed particular expertise in advising clients on issues arising under the Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA). Greg has gained a national reputation for his role in the insolvency legal profession, being a long standing and active member of insolvency committees of both the Queensland Law Society and the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia.
Greg’s experience includes:
- Advising major national and international companies in relation to large scale acquisitions, corporate management, directors’ duties, share plans and internal governance policies;
- Advising on the restructuring and expansion of professional services firms both in Queensland and nationally;
- Drafting joint venture structure documents and managing the acquisition of Australian businesses for overseas investors;
- Reviewing and preparing documentation and compliance systems for PPSA and conducting compliance audits for financiers;
- Acting for financiers in the management and collection of both unsecured and secured loans;
- Representing clients in commissions of inquiry, having represented parties in relation to the White Inquiry (into Racing Queensland, 2013 to 2014), Fitzgerald Inquiry, Connolly-Ryan Inquiry, Cooke Inquiry (into trade unions), Daubney-Rafter Inquiry (into the racing industry), and others.
- Bachelor of Laws, 1984.
- Bachelor of Economics, 1982.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1986.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, 1984.
- Entered on the roll of practitioners of the High Court of Australia, 1984.
- Admitted to the High Court of the Solomon Islands, 2003.
- Queensland Law Society (QLS).
- Business Law Section (BLS) of Law Council of Australia (LCA) and Executive Committee Member of BLS.
- Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee, LCA [national chair 2004-2005].
- Insolvency Committee, QLS [chair 2002-2005].
- LCA’s representative on the PPSA Stakeholder Forum and PPSA Operations Forum.
- ASIC insolvency liaison forum in Queensland.