Patrick specialises in commercial advisory, taxation, restructuring, insolvency and corporate finance with a particular focus on personal property securities. He devises innovative and made-to-measure solutions for complex corporate transactions in a timely and cost-effective manner. His skill set in commercial advisory includes advising on tax effective structuring and transactional work, as well as employee share and option plans for start-ups and well-established businesses.
Patrick’s recent experience includes:
- advising domestic and international clients in the fields of mining and resources, information and technology, finance, medical, manufacturing, construction and not-for-profits, on effective structuring of their Australian operations from formation to exit;
- advising clients on the buy and sell side of business sales and private equity investment from due diligence through document preparation, structuring (with a key focus on tax) and completion;
- advising clients in a range of industries on all aspects of business formation to exit, including preparing shareholder and unitholder agreements, bespoke trust deeds, trading documentation, services agreements and employment and privacy documentation;
- advising insolvency practitioners on a range of matters, including in respect of voidable transactions and the validity of securities with a key focus on the impact of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth);
- negotiating and preparing funding arrangements and security documentation for SMEs across various industries, with a key focus on the equipment finance industry; and
- advising on corporate restructuring, with a key focus on taxation implications and insolvency risks.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), 2009
- Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com.) Accounting and Finance, 2010
- Currently enrolled, Master of Taxation (University of Sydney, estimated completion 2020)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2011
- Entered on the roll of practitioners of the High Court of Australia, 2011
- Taxation Committee, Law Council of Australia
- Member of AMPLA