Patrick has specialised in commercial advisory, corporate finance, personal property securities, mining and resources, insolvency and reconstruction law. He devises innovative and made to measure solutions for complex corporate transactions in a timely and cost effective manner.
Since being admitted in 2011 Patrick has developed a range of skills working with private and public companies, high net worth individuals, insolvency practitioners, government departments and joint ventures throughout Australia. Patrick is well versed in personal property securities law, having prepared submissions on behalf of the business law section of the Law Council of Australia as part of the statutory review of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) and presented many seminars on this and related topics to industry groups and business operating Australia wide.
Patrick’s experience includes:
- Acting as the primary contact for Australia’s largest privately owned heavy earthmoving equipment company (and second largest overall) in respect of private equity investments/fundraising, employee share schemes, restructuring and corporate financing, including the negotiation and preparation of finance facilities with Australian and international financiers;
- Advising a number of Government Departments and GOCs on tendering, contractual and probity issues;
- Advising charitable institutions and private entities in the health industry in respect of corporate governance, employment matters, restructuring and service agreements with Government Departments;
- Advising private trustees and liquidators at PPB, SV Partners, PKF and BDO in respect of bankrupt estates and corporate liquidations, including providing advice in respect of preference payments, undervalued transactions, family law interventions and enforcement matters;
- Acting for the Official Trustee in Bankruptcy in respect of bankruptcy administrations in every State and Territory of Australia while developing innovative and cost effective realisation methods to ensure the optimal return to creditors;
- Acting for Australia’s largest hospitality financing company, with operations in Australia, New Zealand and Canada, in respect of equipment hire arrangements, personal property securities disputes, debt recovery and litigation;
- Advising and developing group structure documentation for start-ups, small to medium size enterprises, large companies and joint ventures with a focus on trading documentation, security and loan documentation, employment policies and agreements and intellectual property licence agreements.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), 2009.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com.) Accounting and Finance, 2010.
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, 2010.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2011.
- Entered on the roll of practitioners of the High Court of Australia, 2011.