Richard has practised for over 35 years with a focus on administrative law and litigation. He has also acted for statutory corporations and government entities as probity advisor in complex procurements.
Richard’s recent experience includes:
- advising in relation to various types of administrative decisions (including defending and bringing applications for judicial review and merits reviews in the Supreme Court and QCAT);
- representing parties in claims for damages for personal injury;
- representing directors and shareholders in internal company disputes and beneficiaries in disputes about administration of trusts;
- conducting high level review of projects to address competition law issues, identifying potential confidentiality breaches and conflict issues, and advising on integrity of procurement processes.
- Bachelor of Laws, 1985
- Admitted to Supreme Court of Queensland, 1986
- Entered on roll or practitioners of the High Court of Australia, 1989
- Empanelled on Whole of Government Prosecution and Advocacy Panel
- Accredited practitioner on QGCPO835-10 Panel for Probity Advisors
- Accredited Probity Advisor – National Resolution Institute
- Australian Government Negative Vetting Level 2 security clearance 2015
- Bar Association Queensland Panel for advising Barristers on disciplinary complaints