Richard has practised for over 35 years with a focus on administrative law, property law and commercial law. He has also acted for statutory corporations and government entities as probity advisor in complex procurements.
Richard’s recent experience includes:
- conducting high level review of projects to address competition law issues, identifying potential confidentiality breaches and conflict issues, and advising on integrity of procurement processes;
- conducting due diligence on property-related issues for significant business acquisitions across Australia;
- acting for landlords of commercial premises and shopping centre owners across Queensland;
- advising in relation to various types of administrative decisions (including defending and bringing applications for judicial review and merits reviews in The Supreme Court and QCAT).
- Bachelor of Laws, 1985
- Admitted to Supreme Court of Queensland, 1986
- Entered on roll or practitioners of the High Court of Australia, 1989
- Accredited practitioner on QGCPO835-10 Panel for Probity Advisors
- Accredited Probity Advisor – National Resolution Institute
- Empanelled on Whole of Government Prosecution and Advocacy Panel
- Australian Government Negative Vetting Level 2 security clearance 2015