Scott has practised in Queensland since his admission as a solicitor in 2007. His experience includes working as Associate to the former Chief Justice of Queensland. Scott specialises in commercial and procurement law with a focus on servicing Government and quasi-government clients. His experience in advising Government Departments, Statutory Authorities, Government Owned Corporations (GOCs) and quasi-government entities is at the forefront of his peers in Queensland. Scott also maintains a transportation practice with clients in the aviation, rail and bus sectors. Prior to a career in law, Scott held a number of roles in the IT industry, including as a network security administrator for the Commonwealth Government. Scott combines his degrees in Law and Information Technology to provide advice that is commercial, pragmatic, and outcome focused. He is also an Accredited Probity Practitioner under the Queensland Government QGCPO835-10 Panel for Probity Advisors and Auditors.
Scott’s experience includes:
- Acting as principal legal advisor to a global telecommunications company in its successful bid to design, implement and operate the $450 million Government Wireless Network for the 2014 G20 Summit;
- Advising a number of Government Departments, Statutory Authorities and GOCs on tendering, contractual and probity issues as well as with respect to corporate governance and general commercial concerns;
- Advising on all above and below wing contracts for a major carrier to establish a long-haul international airline through a 12 month secondment with the company;
- Acting for government and private clients in the energy and resource sector, covering concession agreements for the four major LNG Plants located on Curtis Island near Gladstone as well as FIFO operations, to support the construction, operation and maintenance of the facilities;
- Advising on the sale, leaseback and purchase of aircraft ranging from Dash 8s and Twin Otters through to major narrow and wide body aircraft including Boeing 737, Airbus A330 and Boeing 777 aircraft, as well as a number of transactions involving rotary wing aircraft;
- Advising clients within the IT&T sector on a broad range of issues, including wireless access issues, regulatory compliance, carrier licence and declaration issues, general commercial advice, and highly technical information technology and network security issues.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), 2005.
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Distinction), 2005.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2007.
- Entered on the roll of practitioners of the High Court of Australia, 2009
- Accredited Probity Practitioner – QGCPO835-10 Panel for Probity Advisors and Auditors.
- Queensland Law Society.
- Aviation Lawyers of Australia and New Zealand (ALAANZ).
- The Commonwealth Club.